OKC Survival Blade
Ooooohhhhhh Yeaaaaaaa. Smells like USA baby! This Survival Knife is designed and manufactured by the very famous and well known Ontario Knife Company (OKC). This specific Survival Blade is one of their Spec Plus fixed blades in their line of knives, featuring a 5-1/2" plain edge blade with serrations on the spine. Full tang construction lends further strength to the .188" thick blade, coated with a black epoxy powder coat. With a 5.1" Kraton handle, the OKC Survival Knife is just over 10-1/2" in overall length and comes complete with a nylon sheath which is actually made from tactical leather cordura.
Made 100% in the U.S.A. - This classic and innovative knife is a serious beast designed for military, sporting, and first responder purposes. Featuring a comfortable Kraton handle, epoxy textured powder coated high carbon steel blade, full tang construction, and a tactical sheath.
About Ontario Knife Company (OKC) : The beginnings of the Ontario Knife Company are shrouded in the mystery of a fading past. It seems certain that three men, William B. Ensworth, Charles Albert Brace and William Maudsley, were in the picture from the start at Naples, New York, in 1889. The name of the Company derived from Ontario County where Naples was situated.
The early knives were manufactured on a waterpower-run grindstone and sold via pushcart through the neighboring countryside. As the company began to grow more space and more power was needed so an old sawmill at Cadiz located near the Village of Franklinville was purchased and also run by waterpower from the Ischua Creek.
Around 1902 a move was made from Cadiz to Franklinville as the company kept growing and again more space and more power was needed. This would be Ontario Knife's current location. Also, on August 12, 1902 the company was incorporated and retained the Ontario Knife Company name. In 1904 the owners of another local knife manufacturer, Empire State Cutlery Company, purchased the interests of the original Ontario Knife Company stockholders and in 1905 the two operations were combined in Franklinville under the Ontario Knife Company name. Once again the company expanded and a new building was built between 1912 and 1914 and is still in use by the company.
In 1923, James A. Chrestensen, who had been with the Company for a dozen years, became president and the beginning of the "Old Hickory" line would begin. His son Robert F. Chre